(208) 666-1065  ph
(208) 667-4930 fax

302 E. Linden Ave. | Ste. 101
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814
home taxes business education estates and trusts retirement social security links   contact
Will my children receive money from Social Security when I die?

Maybe. It depends on how old your children are, and how long you've worked in a job where you've paid Social Security taxes.

To be eligible for Social Security benefits when you die, your children must be age 18 or under (19 if still in high school), and unmarried. In addition, you must have earned at least six Social Security credits, also known as quarters of coverage. You earn credits by working in a job where you pay Social Security taxes on your earnings. Because you can earn only four credits per year, you must have worked at least a year and a half to earn the required number of credits.

Benefit calculators are available on the Social Security website, www.ssa.gov, that can help you estimate benefits available to your survivors.

sign up for our newsletter

Check our latest published newsletters or read through our archive. If you are interested in accounting updates in your industry, we'd like to have you on our mailing list.

home | taxes | business | education | estates & trusts | retirement | social security | links | contact

(208) 666-1065 | 302 E. Linden Ave. | Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
Copyright© www.frankcloviscpa.com all rights reserved.

created and maintained by Savvy Marketing, Inc.